The British Conference of the Church of God (Seventh Day) is a family of congregations scattered throughout the United Kingdom. We are a strong Bible based and needs focused church whose ultimate goal is to proclaim the gospel of Christ at any and every given opportunity. The British Conference of the church is also affiliated with the congregations of the General Conference in the United States and Canada and the International Ministerial Congress. Overall, the Church of God (Seventh Day), started in the mid-1800's, is therefore a global church, connecting more than 300,000 members around the world.
Now whilst the Church of God (Seventh Day) has been around for a long time, our bible-based values have not changed. We believe that these five aspects define the core virtues of our church.
• A Christ Centred Denomination: We believe that Christ is the head of the Church and He is to be exalted in worship, teaching, preaching and ministry
• Bible Based: We beliveve that the Bible is the Word of God and is inerrant in its teachings
• Evangelical: We believe in regeneration (new birth) by the Holy Spirit. Salvation by grace through faith in Jesus Christ.
• Spirit Filled: We believe the Holy Spirit bears witness of Christ as Saviour, imparts gifts to believers and empowers them for witness and ministry.
• Sabbath Observing: We believe the observance of the Sabbath is a response of love and obedience to God who created it in the beginning and commanded that it be remembered.